Auto connect problem

Meirion Roscoe roscoe at macunlimited.net
Thu Jan 9 10:18:06 PST 2003

I download all my cube list mails and pore through them avidly whilst
offline.  The only snag is, is that the bloody thing keeps trying to
reconnect all the time(distracting me massively) which is why I have
taken this opportunity whilst back online (again) to mail for help.  I
have tried

Clicking the 'go offline'  button in the mail 'mailbox' ddm
unticking the 'connect automatically when needed' button in PPP
preferences

and yet it still does it.  Slightly OT I know but Mac help is no bloody
good in Jaguar as that tries to connect itself online as well and takes
an age - to no avail.

TIA

Rossi