[CUBE] somewhat OT: new stuff...

Wes Rand wrand at mac.com
Thu Jan 9 17:12:46 PST 2003

>On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 11:45  AM, Peer Bentzen wrote:
>
>> On 08/01/03 17:03, "Laurie A Duncan" <laurie at cubeowner.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Should we start a "save the scrapbook" petition?
>>

>> Definitely!
>>   The thing is I'm not sure everybody knows how great the Scrapbook is.
>>   I've never tried Tabbed Browsing,
>
>What's the attraction of tabbed browsing?  Maybe I'm not "doing" it
>right?
>When I tried it I do what usually I do:  option-command-click to open a
>window/tab.
>But I typically have 20-30 windows open at a time - I hate to wait for
>them to
>load (over broadband).  Then I cycle through.  But the tabs end up with
>only
>1 letter in the tab so I can't tell what's what.
>
>But now I read that "everyone" thinks tabbed browsing is a mandatory
>feature for Safari?
>What's up with that?

I guess I somewhat agree with you (can I be any more wishy-washy?) Tabbed browsing seems nice but never seemed that much different than using seperate windows. Unless I'm missing something as well. I did miss the scrapbook feature when I left IE behind. It was epecially nice to be able to save pages that I would otherwise print out (like summary pages for online purchases or articles from news sites that disappear into an archive after a few weeks.) Perhaps Apple, fresh off their acheivement of making bookmarks look like iTunes, could make a scrapbook feature that looks like iPhoto.

-Wes