[CUBE] Modem connection TOOOOOOO SLOOWWWW

Ted tlanden at mac.com
Fri Jan 10 20:59:37 PST 2003

I purchased a Cube new and ended up giving it to my Father last year.  It
has been working out great until ... About three months ago I sent the Cube
in for repair.  (Struck by lightning)  The lightning only damaged the
external CD burner and the Modem on the Cube.  They replaced the modem and
some other parts and sent it back.  Since receiving it back the Modem
connects at 9400 and 14400 ... The Access Number dialed does not matter OS9
or OS X 5.1 and now 5.2.  My Ti connects at 48K+ on the same phone line.
APPLE now claims it is a Software issue.  How can it be a software issue if
it happens in OS9 AND OS-X???  I am to the point of giving my father an
Airport Base station to connect.  DSL or Broadband are not available options
... Not that he would pay for it if it was available.