[CUBE] Processor upgrade

Don Linares don.linares at verizon.net
Sun Jan 12 10:41:07 PST 2003

Robert,
  If you could clear up the issue of DC-to-DC buffer board replacements
to Powerlogix customers, i and the rest of us here at Cubeowner would
appreciate it.
  it seems Powerlogix first notified us that they would be providing
beefier DC-to DC boards with there Cube Dual 800 upgrades.
  Then a few weeks later, recounted there press release, saying the new
batch of Dual Upgrade cards would solve the problem of the higher power
consumption.

The other day, I found this on one of the sites featuring MWSF expo
information.

Powerlogix Announces Dual 1.2GHz for AGP Macs, Dual 1GHz  for Cube,  G3
800MHz ZIF/CPU card, G3 800MHz Pismo

The rumored ZIF and Pismo upgrades (G3 800MHz) have been officially
announced (as well as a CPU card model for legacy Macs) and the
long-awaited "more robust" DC-DC board for the Cube to allow dual G4
upgrades (up to 1GHz) to be used more reliably. They've also upped the
max speeds on their AGP Tower Mac CPU upgrades with a new Dual 1.2GHz
model. (I reviewed their Dual 1GHz/Series 133 model recently.) See
their press release for more details which notes the 1.2GHz models
shipping in 1-2 weeks,  PowerForce G3 800  ZIF, Blue Chip G3 800 Pismo,
and PowerForce G3 800 (CPU card)  shipping in 2-3 weeks.The Powerlogix
Pricing page is to be updated today to list the new products. (It was
not updated yet as I'm typing this at 8 AM Eastern Time.)