[CUBE] Processor upgrade

Robert Jagitsch robertj at powerlogix.com
Sun Jan 12 12:40:36 PST 2003

We are not doing a replacement DC-DC card, there were too many design
compromises that made such a design very difficult; namely, being
able to support the power demands of dual processors with virtually
no airflow over the DC-DC board. So instead we are going to leave the
Apple DC-DC board alone, however we'll be providing a 2nd board to
supply 12volts to drive the CPUs. The Apple board will therefore only
have to provide 3v and 5v, and not 12v, significantly reducing its
workload and lengthening its working life. And we'll be able to put
our 12v DC-DC board into the airflow, and we have fewer other design
compromises (can use other chipsets because the board can be bigger,
etc.)

If you have any other questions let me know.

--
----
PowerLogix