[CUBE] problem installing JAG

Sergei Zak mancubus at macbox.ru
Tue Jan 14 05:17:29 PST 2003

Thubten Kunga wrote:

> This post reminded me that Jaguar MUST be installed on the first
> partition. It's not on some disks. It's on any drive. A genius at the
> Palo Alto Apple Store explained to me that UNIX can only see itself to
> boot when the system is on the first partition.
Not true - I have installed it on second partition. Do you think it
would not detect the situation? It boots off my second volume, indeed!
> I forgot about this until Sensei posted this below. I don't know about
> the size of the partition needing to be 8GB although that's the size
> of mine.
It's the Windows NT limitation (the startup volume must not exceed 8G
and the bootloader files must fit into first 4G of it).
>  I think 10GB is better size to try.
I personally love number 14 :)
> You definitely can not and do not want to install OS X on any other
> partition. It Must be the first one.
Sorry to say it but Kunga you got a little mixed up.