[CUBE] Feedback from GigaDesigns!

Robert Jagitsch robertj at powerlogix.com
Tue Jan 14 20:05:45 PST 2003

> Robert (or other well informed cubists):
> i've been following the processor upgrade threads with some interest,
> particularly in the price drops (being a cheapskate at heart)!
>
> but have the 'coma' issues been resolved for the '100 series' 800/1000
> singles?

Sleep issues appear to be related to the kernel, not the hardware. We have
tested systems where this happens on stock processors too. Research is
continuing in order to ascertain things definitively.

> has the power problem been resolved for the '100 series' 800 duals?

Yes and the new boards will be shipping soon.

> will the new '233' singles or duals have the 'coma' problem (since PL
> says its an apple issue)?

See above. There are no 233 duals, only singles.

> how will the new '233' single 800/1000/800 dual differ from the old
> '100' versions otherwise (besides the new power board)?  comparable
> speed, cache, etc?

The 233 version works in all 100mhz and 133mhz motherboards. We'll
transition Series 100 and 133 for dual cpus only.