[CUBE] PL upgrade (Was: Feedback from GigaDesigns!)

Simon Meyer simon.meyer at iteams.org
Wed Jan 15 06:47:13 PST 2003

on 15/1/03 2:43 PM, Laurie A Duncan at laurie at cubeowner.com wonderfully
said:

> So here's what we know: some stock Apple machines have sleep problems. Some
> PL upgraded machines have sleep problems. Some machines have no problems
> with the Apple proc, but as soon as the PL card is installed, problems
> occur.  We still don't know why on either count, but it's clear there's
> something "off" because it's hard to blame Apple for a problem that only
> exists in some machines when a PL card is installed and it's hard to believe
> it's a kernel issue, when the problem spans across multiple OS versions.

Well summed up Laurie - that is my understanding exactly.

My experience is:
- Standard Cube running OS10.2 - no sleep problems
- PL upgraded Cube running OS 10.2 - sleep coma

Exactly the same setup. Only the hardware was different.

Maybe there is something that I am missing, but to me it doesn't make sense
labelling it a software problem?

Simon