[CUBE] PL upgrade

John Guy john.guy at btclick.com
Wed Jan 15 09:27:52 PST 2003

> Thanks Guy that's useful.
>
> However what we have here is a coma rather than a wake-delay and it occurs
> in OS9 as well as X.
>
> The symptom is that the computer will appear to react to the wake-up call -
> hard disk will leap into life but the display stays off. The computer itself
> is I think still asleep as it does not respond to things like the eject
> button or volume keys (which would give feedback other than just via the
> display). This happens 100% of the time - not an intermittent issue like
> some sleep problems.
>
> For what it's worth I have installed a brand new OS on an erased hard drive
> and still have the same issue. In fact I've booted from the OS 9 CD and
> still the same - coma every time.
>
> James

Then simplistically there would appear to be two issues:
1 coma, specific to display temporary death etc somehow associated with PL
upgrades and some of the Apple stock chips

2 sleep/laziness to wake up generally

I suspect that people are lumping the two problems into one which is not
helping as it is distracting people from solving the issue's at hand and
arguing why it "not quite like that..."

I have a sleep problem with jag but a stock 450MHz chip so obviously have
not experienced the coma problem, yet dual 1.2's planned when/if they are
made available (Robert?) hence my interest

John