[CUBE] osx stuck on login

Eugene Fields efields at optonline.net
Wed Jan 15 18:11:56 PST 2003

Im just picking up on this and it may have already been said but you
might do well to remove the extra memory you have installed,  and
replace with Apple original and see if you don't have success

Use Aoole's  Hardware test disk that came with the machine to test
memory!   I found bad memory  that was causing the problems you are
having,,,,

On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 08:08 PM, mike wrote:

> you might have problems with the symlink from /tmp to /private/tmp
> directory -- I heard rumors that safari munged that.
>
> to restore it:
>
> # ln -s /private/tmp /tmp
>
> I've also had problems (earlier on in osx, around 10.1.0) with
> applications that corrupted the dock -- i'd login and it would log me
> right out again.  my situation degraded from there, and I ended up
> having to rename my library folder and reset all my preferences and
> mail by hand.
>
> it's a bummer and it took time, but it got me back to working order.
> it might work for you too.
>
> hope this helps,
>
> mike
>
> On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 07:48 PM, ivan melicoff wrote:
>
>> Booted into OS9 through installation CD and deleted all safari related
>> files. Restarted into OSX and still same problems.
>>
>> thnx
>> ivan
>> on 1/15/03 4:49 PM, Jeffrey M. Swiger at N8NOE at comcast.net wrote:
>>
>>> While booting hold ( CMD & S ) and then Type ( FSCK -Y ) then hit
>>> enter.. Fist this will check your drive files for
>>> errors. At this point you could remove or replace the Safari

Eugene Fields/MacTech Consultancy/ADC
http://homepage.mac.com/eugenefields/
631/728/8897 - cell > 516/456/0693
efields at optonline.net
Internet/Mac OS/Stabilized/Updated/Repaired

"Beware of the Military Industrial Complex"
-President Dwight D. Eisenhower-