[CUBE] PL upgrade (Was: Feedback from GigaDesigns!)

James Knight j.knight at kb-group.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 02:12:11 PST 2003

I find it tiresome to have to startup & shutdown each day, sleep & wake is
far more convenient.

Hard disk & monitor sleep is of course the next best thing, but the CPU does
not sleep and this does consume some power. Also, many external devices will
sleep too when the Cube is in deep sleep mode.

I like to put my Cube into the lowest-power mode possible when I'm not using
it in order to increase it's life expectancy and as part of my contribution
to better energy efficiency.

James

--
James Knight FRICS