problem installing JAG

Thomas Gradwell tgradwell at hadleyexhibits.com
Thu Jan 16 06:13:50 PST 2003

Marty:

I am a couple days behind reading my digests, but I figured I would
reply to your problem seeing no one has been able to help you as of
Sunday.

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be RAM related.  A guy at
work also had a similar problem and it was RAM related.  I pulled
everything except the 128 that came with my B+W G3 and installed
without a problem.  The guy at work ended up sending his to a service
center because the only RAM he had in it was the RAM that came with it.
  They determined it was defective RAM from Apple.

OSX is a lot pickier about RAM than OS9.  I never had a single problem
with the RAM I was using in OS9 but I couldn't even get the OSX
installer to run without kernal panics.  I went through all the things
you did, reformatting, changing partitions, etc.  Finally I started
pulling third party hardware and I discovered the problem.

That could also be the reason you were experiencing crashes on OSX.1

Let me know if this helped.

Tom