[CUBE] osx stuck on login

ivan melicoff ivan at bbx.com.mx
Thu Jan 16 11:04:41 PST 2003

I don't know anything about command lines so if anyone can give advice as if
you were talking with a band new "switcher" it would really help :) I
started using Macs in late 98 but only recently started with OSX so I don't
know much.

Anyway I think I did what you said Mike and this is what happened...

I booted while pressing CMD+s and after I got
sh-2.05a#
I typed  ln -s /private/tmp /tmp
I got this response:
ln:  /tmp/tmp: Read-only ile system
sh-2.05a#

>From where did you rename your library folder? from OS0? How did you reset
your preferences? And what mail did you restore? I use (or used)
Entourage...

thanks
ivan