modem issue

Brenda Mitchell bmitchell at databanque.net
Thu Jan 16 10:09:55 PST 2003

Have a weird issue with a cube modem. Client has been using AOL dial-up
on OS X for several months with no problem (other than she uses AOL and
won't have DSL for another month or so.) Suddenly stopped being able to
access AOL from OS X side (heaven forbid we had the exact error
messages), but no problem with Classic AOL.  We have the cube in my
office now and upgraded it to Jaguar, etc. The X side does not recognize
the modem.

Apple Modem 2.0 does not see the modem.
Reinstalled AOL for OS X (new one for Jaguar). Message now says "unable
to detect carrier".
Did fsck -y, MacJanitor, Norton, reset PRAM, rebuilt desktop, now on
verge of chicken sacrifice....(that's a joke folks - no flames, please).

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Brenda Mitchell
DataBanque Consulting, Inc.
Miami, FL