[CUBE] osx stuck on login

mike mfoverbo at int287.k12.mn.us
Thu Jan 16 13:50:14 PST 2003

your command should have been:
mount -w -t hfs /dev/disk0s5 /
see your mistake?    -------^

Judging from your last post, the /tmp symlink exists, so it doesn't
matter...  if it hangs after you enter your username/password, My
advice is to rename your library folder, and start slogging through app
preferences.

If it hangs before you have a chance to enter your username/password,
I'd either do a "update_prebinding -root / -force" or reinstall OS (of
the update/refresh type).