[CUBE] Hard drive upgrade

Sergei Zak mancubus at macbox.ru
Sat Jan 18 07:23:27 PST 2003

Tom Hostler emitted a stream of electrons translating into this:

> Hello Everyone
>
> I’m a new cube owner.
>
> I’m going to upgrade my standard 20Gb ATA/66 drive to a larger model –
> possibly the Barracuda 7200rpm 80Gb. I notice this is an ATA/100 interface –
> will it connect fine but run at the slower speed? Or do I need new cables?
> Or anything else
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom
Tom!
Go for Barracuda IV 80G drive - its' low noise is well respected here.
It uses Fluid Dynamic Bearing™ technology, and it's not notable for high
failures ratio.

It works flawlessly instead your current drive.
You better move the lower rail from the old harddrive to the new one top
avoid vibration noises altogether.