[CUBE] I Pod and cube

François Menu frmen at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jan 18 12:00:38 PST 2003

Le samedi, 18 jan 2003, à 20:01 Europe/Paris, Richard Clark a écrit :

>> I have noticed when my ipod is hooked up to my cube and i am
>> listening to music with I tunes while updating  Ipod the Usb ports
>> cut in and out which i can hear with the speakers that fade in and >> out

I've noticed a similar problem, when using a FireWire device (like
writing to an external drive) while listening to music played by
iTunes: after a few minutes, I will hear cracking noises in the
speakers, then the sound will stop, and the whole USB bus will freeze!
The Cube is not crashed, but you can't move the mouse anymore, so it's
pretty useless!

I'm not sure if it's a hardware bug, or a software one, involving the
FireWire and USB audio drivers... BTW, wich version of Mac OS X do you
use?

--
François Menu
frmen at wanadoo.fr