[CUBE] I Pod Booting Help

Laurie A Duncan laurie at cubeowner.com
Sat Jan 18 13:07:37 PST 2003

On 1/18/03 3:45 PM, jclark6 at cox.net typeth:

> I received a Ipod for Christmas, I love it. I have looked for information on
> how to set it up to boot the Cube but have not found any I trusted. Could
> someone give a quick summary of how to do this.
>
> Thanks Jim
>

> Jim N5TJZ s/v Wandering Spirit
> 58 MGA, 68 Globetrotter

To use iPod has a hard disk:

1. Connect it to your computer
2. Open iTunes.
3. Select iPod in the iTunes source list.
4. Click the Options button (Figure 1).
5. Select "Enable FireWire disk use." Selecting "Manually manage songs and
playlists" in the Options window also enables iPod to be used as a hard
disk.

To make it bootable, install a system on it and select it as a startup
device when you want to boot from it (by selecting it in the startup disk
preference pane or holding down the OPTION key at startup to select it from
the startup volume manager.

Laurie
--
AOL IM/iChat: cubeownernyc