[CUBE] Slot Load DVD-RW Drives From MCE

Laurie A Duncan laurie at cubeowner.com
Sun Jan 19 11:34:08 PST 2003

On 1/19/03 2:24 PM, mentholiptus at mac.com typeth:

>>> If I am not mistaken there are about 250,000 Cubes in use today. Is
>>> that about right fellow list members?
>>
>> 148,000 sold in the life of the product line.
>
> And it seems it became a sought after machine once it was
> discontinued...more-so than when you could get one anywhere.

To put it in perspective:

In the second fiscal quarter of the year the Cube suspended production (QE
March 2001), only 12,000 Cubes  were sold; 1.6% of Apple's total computer
sales that quarter - down from the already disappointing 29,000 it sold the
prior quarter (By contrast, Apple shipped 308,000 iMacs in that previous
quarter)

Laurie
--
AOL IM/iChat: cubeownernyc