[CUBE] CPU upgrade question

Laurie A Duncan laurie at cubeowner.com
Mon Jan 20 11:49:23 PST 2003

On 1/20/03 2:25 PM, kastegir at mac.com typeth:

> Just out of curiousity, if I were to upgrade to a PL 1gHz CPU in my
> Cube, does the stock 500mHz chip have any value? I read somewhere that
> one of the vendors was doing a trade-in offer. Anyone else see that? I
> thought I read that in an OWC email or something...
>
> cheers,
> -Hal

I think it's the PowerLogix trade-UP program you are referring to, which is
an upgrade option from one PL CPU to a newer/faster PL CPU - not a trade-in
on your stock CPU.

The stock CPU can either be kept as a backup in case you need it one day as
a replacement, or sold on ebay, etc...

Laurie
--
AOL IM/iChat: cubeownernyc