[CUBE] CPU upgrade question - Considerations...

Peer Bentzen peer.bentzen at tin.it
Mon Jan 20 12:17:12 PST 2003

In a far future, when in the end I will have to get replacements for my
cubes, I am quite sure I wish to be able to restore them to their original
state. Just like vintage cars, where everything they consist of better be
original.
I regret I traded in my first Mac - but they were so damn expensive at that
time, so there was no other way if you wanted to keep pace with the
development. I'd love to have it sitting on my bookshelf now. And of course
fool around with it every once in a while. Play old games on it etc.
HyperCard and stuff.
This is only to say, as I think many on this list share the
"vintage-point-of-view", that it  m i g h t  be a good idea to save each and
every piece of the original Cube, that is set aside when upgrading, for the
future. Perhaps even burn a CD or two with OS 9 software/shareware/games
that for sentimental reasons would be fun to run.

/Peer