Re Firewire Problems

Francois Barbary franc-b at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 20 19:29:37 PST 2003

Im pretty sure that the disk usually dismount properly every time
before this problem first started, because usually i leave the power on
to the drive on all the time, when my cube goes to sleep the drive
spins down, also when it's unmounted it spins down. so it used to be on
always. also the drive is powered. (has plug for power and for
fw)...fsck isn't the problem, i did check that, but forgot to
mention... im thinking it's the drive itself...
what is an RMA?
im not sure if i have a warranty, (no idea where the receipt is but ill
look.)
i will try my drive on another computer to see how she works. if it's
all good im going to back it up then take it to a shop. along with my
cube, and take my monitor to get fixed aswell (monitor bezel button
randomly goes off)

shit.... if only i didn't have to pay tuition this month too...
Francois
ps thanks for the replies Erik, and Riba and to everyone else,
as always your help is much appreciated.