DVD Player software not happy with GeForce2

John H. Lincoln jhlincoln at mac.com
Tue Jan 21 08:11:08 PST 2003

Following the advice of this List, I purchased a GeForce2 video card for
my 450MHz Cube  but the results have been a disappointment.

Installing the card required swapping out the "fence" from the stock ATY
128 Pro video card that came with the Cube. That was OK. But performance
with the GeForce2 (under OS X 10.2.3) was not noticeably different (!).
What did I forget? My GeForce2 was from eBay, and did not include any
software. Should there have been a driver on CD? For OS X?

But the real problem came later in the day, when I attempted to play a
DVD. Turns out the GeForce2 is not compatible with the DVD Player from
Apple.

I quickly re-installed the original video card, and then DVD Player
worked as usual: just fine.

Has anyone else experienced this (apparent) incompatability between the
GeForce2 video card and DVD Player?

Thanks.

--
Digitally Yours,