[CUBE] DVD Player software not happy with GeForce2

John H. Lincoln jhlincoln at mac.com
Thu Jan 23 20:30:37 PST 2003

Thanks to all who have offered suggestions. However, the problem
remains: with the GeForce2 video card installed in my Cube (OS X
v.10.2.3), neither the DVD Player app in the OS 9.2.2 volume, nor the
DVD Player app in the OS X –> Applications folder, will launch.

It appears that I have all the current extensions installed, as per your
suggestions. No other apps appear to be adversely affected by the
GeForce2 card.

Here's the latest…

I installed the GeForce2 card, and then re-ran the OSXUpdate10.2.3 – no
change.

I have searched Apple's web site, but cannot find either a DVD Player
v.3.2, or an INSTALLER for DVD Player v.3.1.1. The only app I can find
is an UPDATER for DVD Player v.3.1.1. And it does not enable my DVD
Player app.

In fairness, my DVD Player app (OS X) does not run with the stock ATI
RagePro card, either.

But at least I can play a DVD under OS 9.2.2, using the OS-9 version of
the app.

Perhaps someone can send me a Stuffed copy of DVD Player v.3.2.

Better if someone has an INSTALLER for DVD Player v.3.2.

Thanks in advance.

--
Digitally Yours,
John H. Lincoln