[CUBE] kernel panics

Gnarlodious gnarlodious at cybermesa.com
Fri Jan 24 11:07:07 PST 2003

Entity James Knight spoke thus:

> The finder window thing though is caused by the fact that the Finder doesn't
> seem to save it's list of open windows except when it exits gracefully.
Wrong, because I explained that the windows that appear after restart are
windows that were closed days ago. Guess you missed that part. They seem to
exist dormant thinking they are open but they are not, at least until
restart.

However, I have identified other problems as occurring when I do things too
soon after waking the Cube. For example, the Monitors Prefpanel loses it's
brightness control and and I must reboot to get it back. I am trying to
develop a policy of not doing anything from the menubar or prefpanels---and
now it seems "closing windows"---within 20 seconds after waking the Cube.

I still maintain it is a firmware issue.

Hope that makes sense . . .

-- Rachel
http://www.Spectrumology.com
AIM Gnarlodious