[CUBE] Flatbed scanner?

Eagle eagle243 at mac.com
Fri Jan 24 16:39:02 PST 2003

On Friday, Jan 24, 2003, at 13:35 US/Eastern, Magnus Petersson wrote:
> Den 03-01-24 19.16, skrev "Matthew Herrebout" <mherrebout at real.com>:
>> If you toss PS7 into the equation, the LiDE 30 may not be the best
>> solution... don't know. Note: my mom now scans happily away all day
>> with
>> her G4 iMac/OS X, and she's a rank amateur with computers.
>
> I think the LiDE machines (former NS series) are quite OK for most
> users.
> I'm a professional graphic designer and I'm perfectly happy with the
> results
> I get... Considering the small format and the ridiculously low price
> tag, of
> course... :-)

I just got a scanner for Christmas -- a Canon LiDE30 -- and it works
fine in OS X.  I booted into OS 9 until I downloaded the OS X drivers,
and have been using it in OS X ever since.

I have used all 3 push-button features on the scanner itself, and all
work fine in OS X: copying, scanning, and emailing pictures straight
from the scanner.

Eagle