[CUBE] Formatting in external firewire drive

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 26 07:31:39 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 25, 2003, at 02:27 PM, Fran Adams wrote:

> I'm having difficulty formatting a new seagate 80 gig so I can try out
> Jaguar (Yes, this cube list has convinced me to take the leap of
> faith).
> I installed the new drive internally and formatted it into 6 partitions
> using a 10.2 Jag CD. The partition for the OS X is 20 gig. The format
> completed OK and I then attempted to install Jag. No such luck, the
> installer quit and the partition for the system disappeared. I've been
> unable to get the partition to reload after restarting the cube with
> the
> Jag CD. The other partitions show up fine.

Try running DiskWarrior. It may see and be able to make a new directory
for the corrupted partition. DW is the most indispensable disk utility
available. If not, you may need to format the whole drive again.

> I then installed the new drive in my external firewire case (replacing
> the 30 gig there) but the cube (running 9.2.2) refuses to recognize the
> new drive at all. The old 30 gig was reinstalled and was recognized
> fine.

Make sure its jumper is set to MASTER. If so, you may need to run DW to
recognize the drive and install a new directory.