[CUBE] Powerlogix 1.2GHz vs. dual 800

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Sun Jan 26 09:18:33 PST 2003

>> I'd go for a single any time. Now there are exceptions, like
>> rendering software, certain photoshop operations etc that really use
>> the multiple processors, so if you are using those most of the time,
>> go for a dual. And there are also stories of burned dc/dc boards with
>> duals :)
>

> They're not merely stories, but reality.I fried my dc board after the
> dual 800 upgrade. I'm still waiting for my Cube back from Powerlogix.
> Been over 2.5 months now.

Yea, I'm familiar with your story :(...still no luck? I'll be waiting
for at least 6 more months for yet another price drop, and then I'll
get a single 1 GHz - not that I find my current 450 slow, but for a
decent price why not make it snappier.
I guess if your are anxious to get the latest and fastest all the time
there is a certain risk to that approach. I wish you to get your cube
back fast!