[CUBE] Powerlogix 1.2GHz vs. dual 800

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Sun Jan 26 10:07:40 PST 2003

>>> They're not merely stories, but reality.I fried my dc board after
>>> the dual 800 upgrade. I'm still waiting for my Cube back from
>>> Powerlogix. Been over 2.5 months now.
>> Yea, I'm familiar with your story :(...still no luck?
>
> No, unfortunately Powerlogix did not live up to my expectations. I
> can't imagine why they simply cannot get their hands on a few used
> Cubes on eBay or other vendors on the net and work faster to satisfy a
> disgruntled customer...

Hmm, didn't Robert ask right here on the list that they are looking for
a number of Cubes to buy? Anyway, it is not very easy to buy Cube
nowadays, but you already know that...

>> I guess if your are anxious to get the latest and fastest all the
>> time there is a certain risk to that approach. I wish you to get your
>> cube back fast!
>
> I was assured there was no risk in the upgrade. I would never have
> attempted it if I had any doubts. Secondly, this is not an excuse for
> Powerlogix' extremely poor customer service. I will never deal with
> them again.

Sure, you couldn't know that...but I felt that it was just too soon to
jump in.
As for the Powerlogix, I can understand your anger and dissatisfaction,
but I still think they are one of the greatest companies I have dealt
with. During the past I have bought several accelerator products from
them, one which failed was promptly replaced. What I especially like
about them is their customer service people really know all the
technical stuff about their products. I'm sure they are doing
everything they can to correct the situation, but it is not like it is
easy to find parts for a fried Cube. In the end I am sure you are going
to have the functional Cube back, and I hope it will not take too long.