[CUBE] GSM & IrDA

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Mon Jan 27 00:47:55 PST 2003

>> it is practical, but that just adds up to the total cost to make all
>> that bluetooth technology usable. I guess I'm just used to do certain
>> things manually. Technology often fails. :)
>
> It's true that it's quite disturbing to speak while you drive. But I
> found
> it even more disturbing to hear your phone ring, and not be able to
> answer
> it.

I don't. If it is ringing there is 97% chance that it is some bad news.

> In this Bluetooth-way (or any other hands-free way) you'll be able to
> answer
> the phone to tell the person in the other end of the line that you'll
> call
> back later. (That is, if you can resist talking in the
> situation........)

Well, I figure they will get the same message if you don't answer at
all. At least I would. And then there is voice mail....

> next to my ear. Now with the sound directed through the stereo I to my
> big
> surprise discovered that using the phone while driving doesn't take
> away the
> concentration from driving nearly as much as before.

Ok, I admit I'm a bit partial on this subject. Since I'm riding a
motorcycle most of the time, I notice how people get careless when
talking on the phone and driving (not that they are much better without
any phone!). I guess we strayed a bit much off the subject now :)