[CUBE] PC133CL2

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Mon Jan 27 02:56:57 PST 2003

On 2003-01-26 20:09, "Sean Terrill" <a10t2 at mac.com> wrote:

> Quoth Toby Leung (jstobias at uclink.berkeley.edu) at 1/25/03 22:46:
>
>> I purchased a 512MB PC133CL2 Module, but my cube reports it as PC100 3-2-2.
>> Did a get a mislabled memory module or is that how system profiler reports
>> it? Any help would be appreciate since I can return it.
>
> The 100 MHz is correct but if it's reporting it as 3-2-2 it was mislabeled.

Not necessarily. When some of the RAM in a Cube is CL3 (3-2-2), the Apple
System Profiler will erroneously report all the RAM to of the CL3 variety.
Still, you will want to replace any CL3 RAM in your system, else the PC-133
CL2 RAM really is going to waste. (All RAM is operating at the speed of the
slowest DIMM, so in this case, all is running at CL3,)

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Joost van de Griek