This newbie to the list wants to pick your brains

FrankG frankg at nc.rr.com
Tue Jan 28 06:31:43 PST 2003

Although new to the list, I've been on the MAC since 1990
professionally as a graphic designer.
I use the system for mainly photoshop/page layout-no video-no gaming

I think I have my CUBE running well as needed but want to make sure I'm
not missing any major tips on increasing performance

CUBE 450mhz 1.5gRAM/40g7200internal/80g7200external/Sony ExtCDRW/
running 10.2.3/ stock video card(Rage Pro 128 w/16mb)

I have kept up with the latest and greatest every year until 2000- I
feel I have reached what I need as far as performance

Would a better Video Card speed up redraw? probably not so that I could
notice.
Can I add more memory to the card? and what will that improve/

The 1 ghz card upgrade appears to increase speed by 50% but for most
tasks thats what half a milisecond?! Not convinced of the value yet.

Are there some fine tuning of preferences in OS X  that can help
performance?

Hey maybe a website or two can answer these, but this list is the best
I have seen.

Thanks

Frank