[CUBE] This newbie to the list wants to pick your brains

mike mfoverbo at int287.k12.mn.us
Tue Jan 28 12:35:21 PST 2003

here's the list of what I do --

boot off of the install cd, there's an option in there somewhere to
'fix permissions' -- under 'repair' or 'disk utility'?

run the following command in the terminal (lose the '#' if you cut &
paste):
# sudo update_prebinding -root / -force
this updates all dynamic library bindings for all prebound applications.

I also disable nfsiod and rendezvous, but that's me (in
/System/Library/StartupItems/), and most of my Mac experience comes
from, umm, using unix.  If you don't know how to do this, I'm the wrong
person to ask.  :-)

Mike