[CUBE] New macs & processor upgrades

DBoone dxboone at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 29 08:58:10 PST 2003

The new Power Macs present a real dilemma to those like me not owning a Cube
setup but wanting one. The cost to upgrade a stock Cube (to: 1GHz processor,
60 GB HD, combo drive, & accelerated graphics card) to the level of the
$1500 entry level Power Mac is somewhere around $1,100. That doesn¹t leave
much - $400 - for purchasing the Cube (& probably OS X as well).  Most of
these are going for between $600 - $900 on eBay and elsewhere.

Of course, having a Cube allows you to put your machine on TOP of the desk,
instead of hiding it underneath. That¹s got to be worth something.

DBoone