[CUBE] AW: [CUBE] lists? and ways to sort mail

john breedlove john_breedlove at mac.com
Thu Jan 30 06:16:57 PST 2003

There is only one cube, why have more lists?  It would seem to me
inefficient.
I guess if you ask this in reaction to the OT/ moderator/ my little
brain hurts from sorting through so many emails- stuff that has been
going around lately, then I suggest this:

using the headers at the top of the columns in Mail, click them to sort
the mail by different criteria
afterwhich you can shift-select groups of mail all at once and
eliminate them and be reasonably confident you are not deleting
anything you want to read

here are some suggested uses:

from-  good for eliminating all mail on any topic from someone you
don't agree with
subject- read one from the thread, then pass judgment on all the others

all the off topic stuff keeps this place interesting, keeps people
posting, and ultimately therefore useful.  But you need not thank us.