[CUBE] lists?

Alan Thompson athomp2 at mac.com
Fri Jan 31 08:29:06 PST 2003

admin, maintenance, bandwidth costs of nntp services vs discussion
board sw.

that's just a partial guess.

the real reason, i would think, is that the average user has no idea
what the hell nntp is, how to access it (what client?) how to connect,
and interact with it, etc.. you and I would probably love nntp, but
perhaps that's because we're internet old-schoolers (speaking about
myself).  on the other hand, everyone knows how to use a browser, and
can find and use the discussion boards very simply.