[CUBE] iDVD w/ External DVD-RW Drive?

Rick Rodman richard.rodman at verizon.net
Fri Jan 31 21:27:06 PST 2003

Yes, Option 1 is the only one which is slightly interesting to anyone
who is concerned about the attractiveness of the Cube.  It shows how
viewpoints differ.  Kunga likes a quiet machine, but doesn't mind if it
looks like a test jig; I'm hard of hearing and don't mind a fan (it's
just white noise anyway), but I want a small, compact system.  And I
want it to look good.

I do use an enormous Iomega USB CD-R to burn backup disks, but it's
only connected when I'm burning, so I suppose option 2 would be
acceptable.   BTW we can burn DVD-Rs in DVD-ROM format without iDVD,
right? iDVD is only needed for burning video disks, right?