[CUBE] printing from a pc to cube

Martin Portman mrp at cre.canon.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 05:57:00 PDT 2003

> was wondering if anyone can help i turned on printer sharing on my cube
> and am trying to add a network printer from my pc running win 98 when i
> try to add it finds the cube and asks me for a password but none of my
> passwords work user admin nothing, i tried to look around in the cube
> to see if there is a way to specify a password in osx for shared
> printers and can find nothing.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

there's a flag in window's registry that is called
'EnabledPlainTextPassword' or similar.  it's off by default.  i had to
set it to be able to log into unix boxes.  maybe you need to do this
to share/find printers.

run 'regedit32' from the start->run box.  i've had a quick look for
the key name, the above is the best i can come up with.

years ago this was. things may have changed since then.

martin.