[CUBE] HD upgrade advice needed

Richard Clark mawgadog at tin.it
Tue Jul 8 11:57:08 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, Jul 8, 2003, at 20:50 Europe/Rome, Michal the Milkman wrote:

> Here's one for the collective experts,
>
> It's my turn to get a WD Cavier 120 for my cube. I ran Carbon Copy
> Cloner and everything looked good along the way but I just can't boot
> from that new drive. It could be those jumpers or it could be a
> problem with the system. I did change the startup disk in System Prefs
> before moving on with the install and I get a flashing ? for a few
> seconds while the cube searches for the system.

did you install the open firmware password by any chance? i had the
same type of problem when i put in my jb, check that your jumpers are
right, reset pram and all those neat tricks then try to hit alt when
your booting up and see if a password window comes up, dial in your
password and select your drive again and if thats the problem your up
and running.

Richard