[CUBE] Cube HD advice - latest dilemma

Richard Clark mawgadog at tin.it
Wed Jul 9 10:48:29 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Jul 9, 2003, at 17:43 Europe/Rome, Michal the Milkman
wrote:

> Hello Folks,
>
>> try to hit alt when your booting up and see if a password window
>> comes up
>
> Great idea. This at least gave me the choice of systems from each
> drive so I assume CCC did its thing and jumpers are correct. I
> selected the new drive, but got stuck with the pinwheel and the Mac
> logo from the 2nd or 3rd splash screen. Same thing after rebooting a
> few times... even with original HD removed and jumpers adjusted. Seems
> like a software issue over hardware... I gave the new HD a different
> name from the first; that wouldn't matter, would it? My jag CDs are a
> set of 2 (v10.2) but don't work as startup disks and of course I can't
> find my original OSX disks. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

You mean i actually said something useful for once? Amazing .

The same thing happened to me once just did a clean install and been
happy ever since,
don't understand why you can't boot from the 10.2 install disks i think
you should be able to just stick in the disk and do the alt trick again
wait until the disk comes up and choose it  , takes a while on my
machine, and the watch keeps going even when the disk is up so don't
wait for that when the disk comes up click it and push enter.