Strange Problem - Please help

Thu Jul 10 13:46:07 PDT 2003

hello list,

managed to install a Radeon 9000 in my Cube some week ago.
But it won´t work properly.

When i use the ADC Port it does never boot into a working  screen at once.
(allthough the harddisk sounds like booting correctly)
i have to make Pram reset, and then boot into firmware and do another 'reset
all' to get it working.
When the screen is working everything is ok (it´s working fine for hours !!
, it´s really fast - but not when trying to awake after sleep) till i boot
again.

Changed battery, pushed this button on the mainboard (once), made several
cables for the dcdc board by myself
(the one i bought originally from US with real 30 Pin did never work).

Today i went to a friend who has several macs and displays in his office,
and also another Radeon 9000 for testing.
The ADC problem remains.
and using the DVI port : the system is booting sometimes with screen
sometimes without, and booting into firmware or not makes no matter.
(both cards work in a G4 1Gig ok)
Also i sometimes get the power button flashing and nothing else using DVI.

Changeing back to the old geforce 2 MX everything is ok.

Could it be possible that my Cube is one of the first build and is too old
for manageing a Radeon 9000 because of different mainboard or dcdc board
releases?

If someone has ANY IDEA i will be very thankfull.

greetings

matthias