[CUBE] G5 TV Ad Distasteful & Disturbing

david sarcastix david at sarcastix.com
Wed Jul 16 11:56:19 PDT 2003

Well, when I saw it, the commercial reminded me a little of the long
standing Memorex logo.  The guy in the chair whose hair is being blown
backwards by the force of the music coming from his speakers.

But as a person who had two family members slaughtered in the World Trade
Center, I am not insulted by an ad depicting an explosion that blows some
guy out of his house.  I don't think that anyone should trivialize 9/11, or
make us insensitive to terrorist attacks, suicide bombers, etc. But I don't
think that the G5 commercial rises to that level.

david sarcastix

--
nullum gratuitum prandium