[CUBE] hollywood dv-bridge

Thu Jul 17 14:25:10 PDT 2003

On Thursday, Jul 17, 2003, at 11:53 US/Pacific, Richard Clark wrote:

> has anyone ever used one of these under osx 10.2 on their cube? just
> got one as a gift and it seems to work all the right lights ect. but
> can't get it to give me the preview in i movie. waited 2 years for
> this thing and now that i get it seems like real garbage.

This item works really well for me. I have 2 Analog to FW bridges. One
from Formac, and one from Dazzle. The Dazzle is the most reliable, and
inexpensive of the 4 I've had since I've been playing with DV. The
Formac is the best looking, but a horribly buggy piece of junk, in my
opinion; and, further, with the snubbing I get from Formac support, I
would never recommend their products at all.

Tangent:
Formac charges money for firmware updates to their Studio DV products,
even when UNDER WARRANTY which mine is still under. Blah to them!

-Oz S.
cubing and lovin' it