iMovie question

a l a n t h o m p s o n athomp2 at mac.com
Sun Jul 20 18:33:30 PDT 2003

Hey, so I'm editing some video, and adding my own music by importing
mp3s from my collection.  Everything is going swimmingly, except that
when I edit the sound clip to cut a large portion out of it, there is
still a rather large section of the sound clip that is left behind,
albeit a different color, and without sound (as expected).

The problem is that when I go to add another mp3 clip just after, or
shortly after the end of the first clip, it becomes very difficult to
see what's going on due to the left over, edited portion of the first
clip.

I know that I can move one of the audio clips up to a different level,
but after the second clip this may no do the trick.  I recall that in
iMovie 2, the behavior was different - when cutting a portion of an
audio clip, it sized the clip down in length, leaving nothing behind.

Is there any way of changing this behavior?

thanks

--alan