[CUBE] Funky screen reverse

Jostein G. Holte josteingholte at mac.com
Mon Jul 21 05:33:36 PDT 2003

On mandag, jul 21, 2003, at 14:18 Europe/Oslo, Christopher Hack wrote:

> Wow, is it me or what?
>
> Went to close down the cube yesterday using the shortcut combination of
> Ctr+alt+apple and hitting the "eject" key on the top right hand corner
> of
> the keyboard. However by accident I hit the "*" key which is just
> below. The
> screen toggled through some weird colour combinations, and then
> completely
> reversed the image, with black as white, white as back etc in some
> kind of
> funky cube parallel universe.
> Is it an egg? Or a regular shortcut that everyone (but me) knows about.
> Weird!

Have a look in "Universal Acces" in your "System Preferences". You
are/were in "white on black" mode. If you do it in the right sucession
you will also be able to reverse the screen with colours, not just in
greyscale - that's really weird. I don't think its an egg - more like a
undocumented feature.

joho