Entourage "numb"

Peer Bentzen peer.bentzen at tin.it
Fri Jul 25 10:12:08 PDT 2003

I am experiencing a strange problem with Entourage: When I open the
application it comes up with an error message, stating "The action could not
be completed. Mail error" and doesn't even try to connect to the mail
server.
  When I press the Send and Receive button nothing happens. The button
becomes gray as it should, being depressed - and that's all.
  But when I then choose the same from the Tools menu the application acts
as expected.
  It turns out that whenever I operate Entourage by clicking on something in
the UI, it doesn't react, but when operated through the menus, either by way
of the mouse or keyboard shortcuts, everything works.
  I've restarted without any change in the oddity.
  Everything else on my Cube works normally - to my knowing, that is...
  System 10.2.6. 1.5 GB ram.

Anybody got a clue?

Regards Peer