[CUBE] I got the!7 inch CRT Apple Studio Monitor blues...

david sarcastix david at sarcastix.com
Sat Jul 26 14:08:30 PDT 2003

My first test, I believe, has tracked down the culprit.

Firstly, the CRT does have it's own power cord.

I turned off the cube and the monitor last nite, and let them cool down.

Started them both up today. No problems until they both heated up. BTW at
the moment my room has no A/C and it's close to 90 degrees.

When the cube and the monitor heated up the monitor started cycling again,
every 5 seconds.

So, a heat problem.

I left the cube on, turned off the monitor for an hour to let it cool down.

After an hour, turned  the monitor on, NO PROBLEM. The cool monitor was not
cycling.  So I'd say that it's the monitor.

Thanks for your reply.

david sarcastix