Cube officially too SLOW

mentholiptus mentholiptus at mac.com
Sun Jul 27 07:54:08 PDT 2003

I'm headed back to school this year to dive as far into multi-media as
possible, so I bought a few EDU apps, FCP4 being one of them, and upon
installation, I can't launch soundtrack. Says it needs a 500MHz G4 or
better.

Now, for a cool $509, I can grab a 1.2GHz sonnet, BUT...does it still
say 0MHz in the system profiler? I wonder if this would stop me from
running soundtrack?

But besides just soundtrack...with all the rendering, resampling,
editing, bouncing to disk, and real-time effects I'm going to be doing
on a regular basis, I'll need more power anyway. I'll be buying a G5
sometime in february, so do any of you think it's worth even spending
the money on the Cube?

Are there any types of USB IR devices so I could turn the cube into an
entertainment system for the living room?

jesse

.