[CUBE] Cube officially too SLOW

Tom Hostler hostler at mac.com
Mon Jul 28 02:03:48 PDT 2003

> Now, for a cool $509, I can grab a 1.2GHz sonnet, BUT...does it still
> say 0MHz in the system profiler? I wonder if this would stop me from
> running soundtrack?

Yes it does, and I'm mightily pissed off about it.

It trips up on boot of FCP4, Soundtrack and Compressor. With a bit of poking
around, the spec is held in a plist file which is editable, but my quick
uninformed hacks of changing the min spec speed from "500" to "0" value
didn't work.

Anyone know of a fix - with a 1.2 Sonnet card it should be fast enough to
run.

I had a very understanding dealer - thankfully - who refunded my £700.