[CUBE] G5 Upgrades In G4 Macs WILL NEVER HAPPEN

Michael Greenberg macmike at atl.mindspring.com
Mon Jul 28 05:30:56 PDT 2003

Well I guess it depends what you need to do I guess. I primarily do Web  and
Flash Development on my Cube. I'm running a Sonnett 800 as well. I was doing
some After Effects work the other night using AE 5.5 and I found it plenty
fast. Really the only thing I can complain about speed wise is Flash MX. It
compiles really slow, but that's a Mac thing in general. This Cube is
currently at it's max RAM wise as well (1.5 gigs). Yeah I could go out and
get a G5, but in the end it's really not going to buy me a heck of a whole
lot.

My 2 cents,
Michael